Farmers’ Markets, along with local food profits, are on the rise. The increase in commerce has reintroduced the fear of “resellers,” but is this legitimate? Many nonprofits that run farmers’ markets require that all items sold are locally sourced and produced by the farmer selling behind the booth. (Original article WSJ, follow-up by Slashfood).
- Citizens Market Interview – Rosewater’s John Tucker
- Citizens Market interviews of local restaurants
- Urban farming for the formerly incarcerated (Local Blurb)
- Interview with author and forager Maria Finn
- Is more regulation required for Farmers’ Markets? (Local Blurb)
- Taste of Linkals
- Making the CSA pickup easier (Local Blurb)
- Slaughterhouses are now part of the local food debate (Local Blurbs)
- Happy Earth Day!
- Interview with MMlocal’s Ben Mustin